Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My bet on Ryan Mallet

So I made a little bet with my friend, The Bear (soon to be famous for his 100% accurate mock draft). I bet him a dinner that Ryan Mallet would end up going in the top five in the NFL draft. It's pretty early and who knows, maybe the Raiders will trade up, but this story doesn't make me feel good about it. All this talk of mysterious off the field concerns makes me really curious though. Considering all the rapists, womanizers, drunk drivers, and what not the NFL employs on a regular basis (and has no problem drafting), Mallet must have done something really bad. Or maybe he's just not as cute as Mark Sanchez...



As for the Jaguars, if Mallet does have legitimate character concerns, we can probably safely assume Gene Smith won't be interested. That said, at some point Gene Smith is going to find a talented player he thinks was given a bad rap. That should be interesting and I'd love to hear more about how the personnel department goes about evaluating and investigating any off the field issues.

-Q

Image is courtesy of SaturdayDownSouth (who may have stolen it from somewhere else)

No comments:

Post a Comment