Thursday, February 10, 2011

John Oehser to replace Vic Ketchman

John Oesher, the former Times-Union reporter, will be replacing Vic Ketchman as Jaguars.com senior editor. I don't have much to say but I'm looking forward to his first column and the return of fresh content to Jaguars.com.

One funny (maybe mildly amusing, or alternatively trivial) side note, he wrote a book with Pete Prisco called 'Rags to Riches' all about the Jags 1996 Cinderella run to the AFC championship game. My girlfriend, from here on out I'll refer to her as Lil' Salty, found the book for me at a thrift store. I haven't read it (and lets be honest, it's probably out of print for a reason) though I might read a bit to get a handle on his writing style.

A round up of stories on it:

Jaguars.com: http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9790

Times-Union: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-02-10/story/former-t-u-reporter-john-oehser-replacing-vic-ketchman

Big Cat Country: http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2011/2/9/1984797/john-oehser-is-the-new-writer-for-jaguars-com

Also, Jags lost Todd Monken today to Oklahoma State. He's going to be their offensive coordinator so it's somewhat understandable but the Jaguars have experienced quite the exodus of coaches on the offensive side of the ball the last two years (Mike Tice, Kennedy Pola, Mike Shula, and now Monken). No good and reminds me of my biggest fear with Del Rio, although the two this year can probably be laid at the feet of Weaver. Assistant coaches bounce around quite a bit and do so more when you only give them one year contracts.

-Q

No comments:

Post a Comment