Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jaguars to release Garrard

Wow. I'm surprised. Here's the initial report from Jay Glazer of Fox Sports. Here's PFT.

There's a line at the end of the PFT article that reads "It says a lot that Gabbert couldn’t step up to win the starting job, and the Jaguars still made this move." That is somewhat vague but I think it's a little misguided. To me, this bodes well for the Jaguars opinion of Gabbert. I think it means they'll move to Gabbert sooner rather than later so you might as well with the cheaper bridge. Presumably, they think McCown is approximately the player Garrard is for a fraction of the cost. If Garrard had been on the roster on opening day he would have been guaranteed his eight million dollar salary (due to being a vested veteran).

I hope this doesn't cost Del Rio the team. I'll be interested to read the player's reactions.
-Q

2 comments:

  1. Just hope the Jags will still be able to use Mercedes and that 4.83 speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/28/maurice-jones-drew-marcedes-lewis-among-jaguars-pro-bowl-select/

    ReplyDelete