Thursday, January 20, 2011

Vic Ketchman leaves Jaguars

My heart is broken. Vic Ketchman is leaving the Jags to go to the Green Bay Packers.

The name of this blog is a direct reference to two of Vic Ketchman's favorite things, khaki pants and press box hot dogs (which he can no longer consume). Needless to say, I enjoy his work and would say it has had an immeasurable effect on how I watch and think about football. I thought he would leave at some point but assumed it would be to run off to a mountain top somewhere, not for another team. I wish him the best and hope that Green Bay appreciates my favorite sports writer in America. I don't know who will replace him but hopefully the Jags continue to let them have the same creative and expressive freedom they gave Vic.

I'll post a tribute to him at some point either in the next few days or when he leaves in February. Sad day for Jags fans.

-Q

No comments:

Post a Comment