Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More Martellus Bennett please

Martellus was both insightful and funny when talking to Tania Ganguli about Laurent Robinson, who he played with last year in Dallas.


First, insightful Martellus:
"I think Laurent is a No. 1," Bennett said. "He proved that last year he was one of our leading receivers if not the leading receiver of the Cowboys. No. 1, No. 2, No. 3 doesn’t matter as long as you get your job done. Throw me the ball, I catch it, that’s what he is type of guy."
Now, funny Martellus.
On Robinson:
"He’s super skinny though. I don’t think he has ankles."
On Gabbert:
"Ain’t your quarterback named Blaine? Blaine that’s an old name. That’s an old person name."
There's more in Tania's post and it's all pretty much gold. I think he's absolutely dead-on about Robinson. He's talented, and had flashed that talent before emerging last year in Dallas. Unfortunately, he also consistently suffered from injury issues. We shall see.

-Q

No comments:

Post a Comment